Customer facing employees play an important role in your organization, as often guests first interactions are handled by your frontline staff. These first experiences will color the opinions of your customers and stakeholders forever, so providing an in-depth knowledge of the area your guests are visiting is crucial.
The Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau (DCVB) launched the online Durham Destination Awareness program as a way to supplement our current frontline Destination Awareness Training (DAT) program. The program is designed specifically for staff members that have difficulty attending on-site trainings or devoting over 1 hour to accomplish the in-person DAT program.
The current DAT is an in-depth presentation of Durham, conducted on-site or at DCVB for any and all frontline staff that wishes to participate. By offering the same in-depth training for frontline staff in an online format, DCVB makes it possible for users to complete the Durham Destination Awareness program on their own time.
• Want to stay in the know about events in Durham? Bookmark the calendar of events or make it easy on yourself and sign up for the weekly two-week snapshot email, which you can also share with your guests.
• Want to boast a bit about Durham? Take a look at the recent Durham accolades.
• Need to know about new developments around town?
• Does a guest want to know what to do for a day or two? Show your smarts and give them a suggested itinerary.
• Are they limited for time and just want the big stuff? Give them the must sees.
• Want to show off your knowledge? Then the Durham FAQs are a must.
• Digital maps & guides of Durham
• Visitor Info Center
Durham Visitor Info Center
212 West Main Street #101 Durham, NC 27701
Phone number: (800)446-8604 or (919)687-0288
Summer Hours (April - October):
Mon: 9am - 5pm
Fri: 9am - 7pm
Sat: 10am - 7pm
Sun: 12pm -6pm
Open 7 days a week except for major holidays
Winter Hours (November - March):
Mon: 9am - 5pm
Sat: 10am - 6pm
Open 6 days a week except for major holidays