Find self-connection through a hybrid of mindfulness and sculpture. Each session includes an introduction to mindfulness and exercises that allow participants to translate their interiority to materials. Using sculpture, movement, and sound, participants will be guided in the exploration of this translation.
You do not need to be an artist or a practiced meditator to attend! The workshop is best for adults or teenagers, but older kids who are interested in meditation would also be welcome.
In each workshop participants will:
• learn sculpture techniques using common, everyday materials
• gain meditation tools for connecting with emotions and beliefs
• create ephemeral and abstract sculptures (accessible for every skill level)
• participate in group and guided meditations
• interact with sculptures that utilize body sensations