Duke Chapel is the most visible piece of Duke University's architectural beauty. Its tower soars 210 feet above West Campus, making this neo-Gothic building an awe-inspiring sight. The structure houses the Flentrop Organ (5,200 pipes), 50-bell carillon, and is adorned with stained-glass windows.
Completed in 1932, the Chapel now houses a robust and welcoming church community with interdenominational services open to the public that are notable not only for the beauty of the building, but for the music integrated into each service and played on one of the three organs and sounded out by the carillon. Concerts, theological discussions, and more events are also regularly held in the Chapel, making it a centerpiece of the religious community at Duke, and in Durham as a whole.