Ninth Street & Duke
One of Durham's college town areas is located along several blocks of Ninth Street, with funky shops, celebrated bars, fine dining restaurants, and numerous coffee shops. Ninth Street and the surrounding area are a link between Duke University's East and West Campuses, as well as Duke's Central Campus, where Duke Chapel, the Nasher Museum of Art, and Sarah P. Duke Gardens are located.
- Shop for home decor, apparel, gifts, art, and more in the Ninth Street shopping district.
- See the trophies, memorabilia, videos and more behind the storied Duke University basketball team at the Duke Basketball Museum and Sports Hall of Fame.
- Tour Duke's beautiful campus, where you'll see the gothic-style Duke Chapel, the 55-acre Sarah P. Duke Gardens, and the Nasher Museum of Art.
- See the largest collection of lemurs outside of Madagascar at the Duke Lemur Center, a research and conservation facility.
- Stroll and peruse locally owned shops with eclectic finds, including Cozy and Zola Craft Gallery.
- Open wide for burgers and more at Wimpy's Grill and Dain's Place.
- Enjoy global dishes at The Palace International, a restaurant serving African food, and Parizäde, a fine dining restaurant inspired by the flavors of the Mediterranean.
- Indulge in a three-course brunch at the Fairview Dining Room at the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, or go casual for breakfast at Mad Hatter Bakeshop and Cafe.
Explore shopping, dining, and hotels in the Ninth Street & Duke area.
Explore Other Districts: