Southern Durham is home to one of the nation's top super-regional malls, The Streets at Southpoint. The area also includes several retail centers that exist symbiotically with the mall - Renaissance Village, Renaissance Center, and Sutton Station - and offer both big-box stores and local boutiques. Look no further for a weekend full of retail therapy!
Besides shopping and dining, the Southpoint area contains several high-end and affordable neighborhoods, as well as options for outdoor activity.
- Shop ‘til you drop at Nordstrom, Macy's, the Apple Store, and a bevy of luxury shops at The Streets at Southpoint.
- Catch an IMAX show at AMC Southpoint 17 cinemas.
- Get in line early at Rise Biscuits & Donuts for a mouth-watering maple bacon bourbon doughnut or a hot sausage biscuit.
- Explore the Jordan Lake Game Lands, a part of a 14,000-acre reservoir providing a habitat for many native species, including foxes, deer, and waterfowl.
- Enjoy exercise in the outdoors on the American Tobacco Trail.
- Choose from more than 50 dining options in Southern Durham. There's something for every palate!
- Stay close to Southpoint shopping at one of several lodging options.
- Visit Patterson's Mill Country Store, a turn-of-the-century pharmacy and store that displays and sells unique memorabilia.
Explore all shopping, dining, and hotel options in the Southpoint area.